Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Is She Old Or Young?

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. Isaiah 40:31 (Amplified Bible)


I could not find the quote I was looking for but the verse above did explain in part what I am experiencing. In Godspell there is a song called Bless The Lord and the words explain what I am feeling:
He clothes thee with his love
Upholds thee with his truth
And like an eagle he renews
The vigor of thy youth

When I was young I felt so used up and vile yet my body was in it's youth. I did not notice this bodies' youth. I only saw ugliness. Now the wear of years of depletion are showing it's consequences on this abused temple. I am taken by surprise when age reveals it's lines, wrinkles, lumps, bumps, scars and sags on this face and body. I find it interesting how I can feel so full of Life at this time yet see the reflection that I do. I know how I feel is of God. It is His Life that fills me with energy that is difficult to contain. The Word of God is eternal and Scripture (Jesus-the Word made flesh) fills this aging vessel. I feel youthful and excited to share His Love and Eternal Life with others. So I am not going to focus on a mirror that shows me a reflection of this fleeting world. I am going to revel in the Life that pulses through this body directly from Holy Spirit, God Himself. I choose to reflect His Life and not human flesh. I will Live in accordance to His Word as best I can and pray this decision to walk in the promise of Eternal Life will shine His Love onto the darkness bringing others into His eternal glory. Hmm maybe I will even start jogging again (that is if these old worn out knees can handle it and I can fit it in an already very busy day-and mostly if I am brave enough to try it out again-I will think about it- but I should just do it)

A voice says, Cry [prophesy]! And I said, What shall I cry? [The voice answered, Proclaim:] All flesh is as frail as grass, and all that makes it attractive [its kindness, its goodwill, its mercy from God, its glory and comeliness, however good] is transitory, like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the Lord blows upon it; surely [all] the people are like grass.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
Isaiah 40:6-8 (Amplified Bible)

4 comments:

Laura said...

That is beautiful..
you are beautiful...the youthful joy that you exude for God brightens up your countenance and any ravages of age that you think you see in the mirror must disappear because I don't see them!!

Donna said...

Laura you are so sweet. Thank you.

Easter is almost here. I am so excited.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... it's amazing how the more of Christ that is in us the more beautiful we become and it's a beauty that doesn't fade or wither:) You are Beautiful

Donna said...

You are right Lori Christ Jesus is so beautiful! My heart was deeply touched last night at refuel when Pastor Joyce was going around and person after person was naming who Jesus was to them. It was such a beautiful moment and I feel so privileged to have been a part of it.