Saturday, March 3, 2007

Honoring My Dad and Step Mom

"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you." Deuteronomy 5:16 (NIV)

I love you Dad and Mom. I thank you for taking me in after the death of my mother. Dad I thank you for not giving up when the world got really tough (understatement to say the least). I thank you for being a kind hearted person. Mom I thank you for taking on the responsibility of looking after another child after you had already had three of your own. Your "staying power" is a blessing I carry in my heart. I thank you both for your commitment to each other even when times got rough. I thank you both for working things out. These are just some of the things I see in you both that remind me of the Love of Christ. I pray that you both feel the arms of Jesus holding you warm and close in His Loving and protective arms. The world without His Loving guidance and protection is such a cold and empty place. You are both dearly Loved by Rick and me and our children. This is a big e-hug to honor and remind you of God's Love.

No comments: