Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Just Sing


Two of our kid's were arguing this morning so I called them upstairs and made them sit together in the hall right by me. The words that came to me were "until 'your relationship' is more important to you both than 'your way' you will both stay (it even rhymed-how cool is that-I could of even broke into a rap song or something-that always drives them nuts but I find it often breaks the fight) Anyways, they continued battling for a bit and they continued to sit. Well the next thing I realize they are singing together (don't be a chicken bock bock bock bock don't be a chicken bock bock bock bock don't be a chicken bock bock bock bock don't be a chicken be bold be a bold believer be a bold believer be a bold believer amen amen....) Then Ezra says to me, "mom now we got it going" and I replied, "you got it going eh? OK well of you got it going then you can go." Then they happily went back to their play.


It really hit me, wow, how effective that was. No wonder God calls us together in fellowship often and instructs us to give thanks and praise and worship together. My goodness He really knows what He is talking about eh? 'Can you imagine what it would be like' (as John the Baptist - Al - will be singing soon in 'The Nails') if every time we started to argue everything stopped and we sat down together until we made the Christ like decision for relationships over situations? Oh my gracious God that is what it is going to be like in heaven and that is exactly what happens here on earth when we choose "thy will" instead of "my will."


So lets all sing it now ( to the tune of if your happy and you know it clap your hands) here we go a 1 and a 2 and a 3 Until our relationship is more important than our way, until our relationship is more important than our way, until our relationship is more important than our way, lets sit still together until that day!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is profound!

Me said...

You are awesome! I had a similar situation today, and I made the girls sit together, not to figure out who was right, but to figure out WHAT was right. I like your song though. I will try it next time we have a conflict:)