Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Prayer For Sultan

"may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ," Ephesians 3:18


I was running to church (literally) the other night when I heard a bus approaching. Even though I was past my stop and had no plans to catch the bus for some odd reason I stopped, turned and waved at the driver. Most drivers would not even stop but for some reason this one did. As the bus pull up I read that the sign said out of service. The driver opened the door and asked me where I was going. I said I was just going up the street to the church. He said I could have a ride IF YOU WILL PRAY FOR ME! I told him I would be happy to pray for Him. I asked what he wanted prayer for. I told him there is nothing that can separate us from the Love of Christ. I told him I was so thankful that Jesus paid the price for our sins because we all have them. He dropped me off right at the church and would not accept my bus tickets! I asked him his name and he told me his name was Sultan. When I got into the sanctuary I looked at the clock and it was exactly 6:45PM. The time I had agreed to be there. I realized I would have been late without that ride. What a blessing. Thank you Sultan. You are in my prayers. Thank you Jesus for giving me the privilege to pray for someone.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That is AMAZING!!

Carrie said...

Donna,
I hope you marked this down as one of your blessings(rose from the Women's banquet). I love how God uses anyone and everyone to come into our lives and show us who He truly is. He doesn't always have to use people in the church to bless us. But even better than that...he created an opportunity for you to pray for someone to come to know Him! How exciting!!!
Carrie

Donna said...

Yes Carrie I was truly amazed at how simple and yet profound Holy Spirit is when He moves through us. But I was disappionted that I did not pray with him on the bus. I just prayed for him after. Rick said "well did you pray for him" and I hadn't. So that is a lesson for next time just pray right on the spot especially if it is requested.

Donna said...

Laura God is good eh?