Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Becoming Partners

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:18 (NIV)


My husband and I just became partners of our local church The Life Centre. I have been going there for a few years now and finally the time has come. I am so used to living a lie of 'the outsider' 'does not fit in' 'never part of' that when Christ's Truth invites me into a family of believers and seekers it is an experience that is still quite new to me. I find the old lie trying to find its way back in to the shadows of my mind the odd time. The interesting thing for me is that Christ is lighting up so much of my mind there simply isn't much room for those lies to hide. I am far too busy filling my thoughts with His ways and exploring Scripture that there just isn't much room for darkness. And thank God for that. I am going to continue to learn what it is to follow Jesus and I am going to continue to work on making my everyday life reflect His love. I am excited to be a part of this new Church family. I look forward to learning and growing here and being able to help others do the same. Wow what a gift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

I love it when people are 'official' there is a deeper sense of investment. We make the church our 'own' in that we have a stake.

laura

Donna said...

Amen Laura "cause we are the body so our hands are reaching. our love is showing" (that is a song but I changed the words a bit.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.