Sunday, April 8, 2007

Oh Happy Day!


Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot. John 20:11-12 (NIV)


Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." John 20:21-23 (NIV)


Though the doors were locked( I remember when my heart was locked even though I was crying out to God for help in my way--but I remember Jesus came right through that locked door even when I didn't have the keys*), Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:26-31 (NIV)


Oh Happy Day indeed! You know I really do not understand this precious Christ Love! It is so profoundly beautiful. His Love shines where there continues to be darkness. His Love allows my heart to overflow with Joy when some situations in life are not as they should be. When I see my short comings and there painful consequences on those precious people in my life. The times I fail to reach out in affection to my husband, the times I get caught up in my emotions and needs instead of being fully present in a Christ like-Life giving way to my family and people in my sphere of influence, the times I let my frustration of undone stuff come between me and God's Ways and Truths for our lives, the times I let my fears rule my behaviours and choices instead of His Living Word and on and on I could go.


I know this Christ Love is the Love that sustains those people who are holding their starving or dying children in their arms and still be able to Trust in God and His unfailing Love He has for them and their children. I know this is the Christ Love that has given us Life even after death. I cannot explain or comprehend His Agape (unconditional) Love for us but I am so thankful for it. I am so thankful that He has filled my hopeless heart to overflowing with hope even when I am faced with hopelessness. That is so amazingly wow! Thank you Christ Jesus for sacrificing your sinless Life for a humanity who can slip into wallowing in our sin without Your guidance and protection. Thank you for Your ultimate gift of eternal Life and Your amazing grace. Thank you for the empty tomb that is the hope for us all. Thank you for sending us Holy Spirit to help lift us upward to what you have for our lives and not leaving us in the depths we can dig ourselves into. Oh precious God how Holy you are.


Oh Happy day indeed. Happy Easter to you all. Christ Love to you all.
*light pink writing in the Scripture quotes my thinking.

No comments: