Monday, April 16, 2007

Unwanted Images


So there I was today at lunch checking my e-mails and all of a sudden these naked men images pop up on my screen! I hadn't even touched any buttons. I was in the middle of typing out a comment to a friend and I then flash. As soon as I realized what I was looking at I got to that red X to cancelled as fast as I could but it only took that few seconds for the images to register into my mind. I feel invaded. I did not ask for that nor was I looking for it yet wham there it was.

Something like this has only happened to me once before and it was years ago at the library computer. I was trying to get to Blues Clues (the little blue dog for kids-you know with Steve) well I didn't know that it was Nick Jr. and I just looked for blues clues and let me tell you it was not a little blue dog! and my young son was on my knee and baby Jacob in my arms and I was at the library-ugh!

It is amazing at how much beauty there is to share on the Internet and then what ugliness can be found in the same means of communication. But then again I guess it depends on what we define beauty as. To me beauty is in the learning to share our lives in a Christ like manner. Seeing people grow and heal and be set free is so beautiful and it has nothing to do with an image but everything to do with living life under the blessings and protection that Christ intends for our lives-for His beautiful children.

Anyways, has anyone else had some repulsive images pop up in their face while on the computer? I know that I am an extra sensative person. Many people would not be fazed in the least I guess.

No comments: