Sunday, April 8, 2007

Grace Based Parenting Dr. Tim Kimmel


I know I was not going to share my parenting reading due to the fact that it can be an upsetting topic for people but I am enjoying this book we have been lent and I just wanted to share a bit of my experience so far. I am about half way through. It is called Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel. I am thankful for this book and any Christ like learning that comes my way. There is so much learning and growth to accomplish.
I like this book because it talks about Grace and Truth existing as one in Christ. I have so struggled with how to show Grace but teach my children what is good for them (right from wrong) I find I have sacrificed their training because I have not known that Grace and Truth can only exist together. When they are separated they disintegrate into something not of Christ. Something hurtful and damaging to Life.
I am thankful for the progress that I am making even though I know there is much more God wants me to aspire to. Some books and Holy Spirit's convictions can be difficult and often painful because when I am ignorant of my wrong doings my Spirit may know somewhere deep inside I feel things are not right but I don't know what it is. Once Holy Spirit convicts me or I learn through Scripture or a Christ like teaching what I am doing wrong it is right there in my face and I can see the damage it is causing and that hurts a lot. But I am thankful that I can learn and move out of the things that are hurting me and my family even though the process can be uncomfortable to say the least. I am thankful for the growing pains because it gives me hope that I am not staying as I was but moving forward into greater Life.

So I am enjoying this book and I look forward to learning much and being able to help my children be all God wants them to be.

No comments: