Friday, February 9, 2007

The Last Sin Eater

We were invited by some friends to go see, The Last Sin Eater. It was really great. OK, if you like really good computer graphics then you may be a bit disappointed. If you like a movie with a (The) Message then you will enjoy it. I found that I was very emotional through it so be prepared if you are the sensitive type. Here is a review of the movie.

The Last Sin Eater is a story that takes place in the 1850's Appalachia. Ten year old Cadi Forbes feels responsible for her little sister's death, so she searches out the one man she feels can take away her sin-The Sin Eater. But in her quest for redemption, Cadi Forbes uncovers a dark secret that threatens to divide her family and community. Ultimately, Cadi shows them the truth in Jesus, reminding us that the human condition is beyond human remedy; only Christ provides for the absolution of sin. Directed by Michael Landon Jr., the film is based on the best-selling novel by Francine Rivers, which was awarded the ECPA Gold Medallion. For more information go to http://www.foxfaithmovies.com/

I pray you enjoy.

Thank you to Gary and Katie Cassidy for inviting and treating us to a lovely evening. Mostly thanks for the awesome fellowship, Gary and Katie and Mel and Judy.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only was the movie good but Rick, Mel and I got to score some serious points by taking our brides out to dinner and sitting through a "chick flick" with them!! We're all looking forward to our valentine's day reward! (giggle)

Laura said...

I read the book, so good.

Trayce said...

Yep, the movie had a nice message - and yes, VERY emotional. Thank goodness the lights were dimmed :)

It was nice to see you there Donna!

Donna said...

Too funny Gary!

Donna said...

Laura, the book must have been great! I find books are always better than movies. I mean the imagination that God created in us is much more vivid than anything that they can reproduce on a screen even with todays awesome CG. Movies simply cannot put in all the details that a book can offer.

Donna said...

Tracy I was very surprised and happy to see you there as well. I am used to crying and even holding back outward sobbing at times but when you feel sick to your stomach, that is some very strong emotion going on over a movie. I mean I was questioning my emotional stability on the way home!