Friday, February 23, 2007

Birthday Miracle

Those of us who attended the Unvailing Beauty dinner were given a white rose. We prayed that every petal of that rose was to represent a miracle that God is going to grant us during this next season of our Lives as we step out as Deborah's. My first miracle happened last evening just before we were about to share our youngest son's 3rd birthday.
Jacob and Ezra were coming down the stairs and Jacob fell. Our stairs are wooden-did I mention that my thoughts of our kids on stairs are not at peaceful?-in my mind the starirs and I jare not friends yet-I still often use gates and our youngest is three. Jacob was two steps from the top! I was in the kitchen and only heard the sounds of the fall (you know the kind you hear in movies -only you know it is a real body going through the fall and subsecquent bodily harm) and Elisha's scream. Elisha, Ezra and Jacob told me what happened. Jacob went flying airborn then the first bang I heard was the top of his head smashing on a stair about half way down then he went airborn again flipping up and over to land flat on his back on the bottom landing which is where he was when ran to him. He cried right away which is a good sign and he didn't even have the wind knocked out of him! I watch him carefully for any signs of head injury all evening and through the night but even though I was very scared and upset inside, Holy Spirit told me he was perfectly fine right from the time I picked him up after the fall. We sat down to Jacob's birthday celebration praying thanks to Jesus for sending His angels and carrying Jacob safely through the fall without any damage. Just like Christ carries us through our fallen state into salvation. The incicent made me question, how deep is my faith? Yes we gave thanks that Jacob was OK but I really was terrified! What kind of trust in God do I really have that I still go to such a scary place when my families' safety is threatened? Or maybe my faith was strong in Christ but I still may have feelings of fear but still praise Jesus through my fear. Anyways, Holy Spirit please give me the faith I need to fulfill your purposes in this Life. Thank you Christ Jesus for giving us another day of Life with Jacob and all of our family and the Body. Each breath you give us is such a precious gift that You have paid for in full.

So, I have been wanting to sing this song as a family with Rick playing along ever since CHRISTmas but everytime we tried to do it there was some reason or another why the timing was off. We had finally planned to encorporate it as part of Jacob's birthday celebration. And of coarse Jesus himself has given us the perfect opportunity as well as the Life to do and share it now. God is Good.


If you live in the Ottawa area or can get here by this evening come on over to The Life Centre 8pm-11pm then intercessory prayer 11pm-3am. We are going to have an amazing praise and worship evening at Refuel! Be there or be square-only joking we are all round in Christ :~)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Praise the Lord.

Donna said...

We have a rockin good time friday night didn't we Laura. It was great to see you there.

Trayce said...

You guys are so fresh and real. I love that.

Donna said...

We have alot of fun Tracy and we know Jesus loves us just the way we are but He loves us enough not to leave us the way we are. He is going to improve us, purify us and guide us into how to live for Him in all we do. That is what we pray for every day and night to live for Him in all we do