Thursday, February 1, 2007

Balance


I saw this graph on Craig Groeschel sight the other day. He was using it to explore the Church but it reminded me of the balance, or not, in my Life.

When I get legalistic about an issue, a plan can be put in place and I can master "the plan" and things get done. I can remember many times in my life that this was taken to the extreme and I was functioning well in whatever, getting stuff done and things were being looked after but I had no place for socializing or doing anything but the routine of life. Something was missing.

I can also remember times in life where I got caught up in whatever was presenting itself at a given moment. That" living in the moment" without God's Word to ground things, took it's tole on me and my family as well as any long term work for our Lord.

The absolutely cool thing about the moments that I am able to surrender in obedience to the FREEDOM of Holy Spirit's guidance in my Life, He brings me and the circumstance that I am dealing with at that moment to the summit of BALANCE. He just has a way of blending the natural and the Spiritual and uses them both in perfect harmony for His work.

Our God, Jesus Christ, really is an awesome God!

4 comments:

Me said...

Donna,
Balance can be so hard to find. I know that feeling of chaos that can come with living in the moment, but having everythin planned out perfectly like a mission to execute can drive you nuts. You don't need to be controlled by that either. You are smart to pray for balance. God will direct your path.

Donna said...

Oh, I am so thankful for His direction. I need it.

It is also nice to hear that there are others out there that can relate to my struggles.

I guess that is why Jesus calls us to stay in fellowship (getting together often and sharing our lives open and honestly)

Wow you would think He knows what He is doing or something eh? ;o)

Trayce said...

You are definitely not alone - we can all relate. I love that we can all be so open and honest...and lift each other up.

I find it really difficult to balance everything, but you know what I find? I notice that I often make lists and plans and goals, and my head feels like it's gonna pop off sometimes because there is so much that I WANT to do, and it totally stresses me right out. But I notice that most of the time I am trying to do it all in my own strength. When I get busy with all of these goals and lists, I tend to also be too busy to have intimate time with God. When I keep my quiet time with God an absolute priority, everything else just seems to fall into place. It's so hard for me to get to that place on a consistent basis, but I definitely notice that when I make time for God, everything else just balances itself out somehow. Does that makes sense?

This morning I woke up and I have been on the go since. I have been trying to set 5 minutes aside to sit down and just rest in HIM. Just a few minutes. To breathe, to just rest and think about God. I know that I can praise Him and talk to him throughout my day, but for me, it's not the same as setting time aside for God. I've been feeling so convicted lately for not making time for God. As if I couldn't even make time for a few minutes with God today!!!! But you know, I know that when I do, God will instantly fill me with His peace and I will tell myself, Oh man I need to do this everyday...but then the whole cycle will start over again. You know?

Hmmm.

Donna said...

Oh Tracy do I ever understand what you are sharing. I am praying like crazy for God to guide and teach me how to do all He wants me to do but in His ways. My mind tends to see the whole all at once and that can be very overwhelming at times.

Anyways you are so right we do lift each other up and support each other as we are all on the process of changing our Lives to reflect more and more Christ Jesus.

Thank you for sharing Tracy.