Tuesday, February 13, 2007

God's Love

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. 1 John 4:13-16 (NIV)
I am so thankful that I am coming into deeper and deeper levels of knowing God's Love for me. As I surrender in Faith to Jesus, I am able to increasingly rely on God's Love to guide my Life choices. What a glorious Love that fills my heart as I do this.
I remember a time in Life when I would read Scripture and I could not understand it. I was so blocked that I would read a line over and over and I still could not comprehend what I had just read. I wonder if that is "Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized" Acts 9:18 (NIV) that the Bible speaks of. I could not figure out why I could read other stuff but every time I tried to read Scripture I would go blank.
I value greatly (to say the least) the privilege I now have to be able to digest The Living Word for it is the stepping stones out of hell toward Eternal Life. Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

Trayce said...

I remember that same thing happening to me. It would take me sometimes 10 minutes to read only a couple of lines - just reading the same thing over and over and it never sinking in. Then I started to pray before reading the Word - pleading the blood over my thoughts and mind, and asking Him to give me understanding.

Anonymous said...

Yes Tracy I am so thankful that He is allowing my eyes to see and my ears to hear.