Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yey, We Saved Him Because He First Saved Us

1 John 4:19We love because he first loved us


My son got me a stuffed Jesus for my birthday. He is so cute. This is Him in His normal handsome and dignified self.
And this is Him when He was in the desert for 40 days being tempted.
(boy He looks awfully good for being under attack for 40 days eh?-gosh, if I get under attack for just a few minutes this is how I look. )
Oh, sorry that was me after just second!!! here's me at........
1 Minute.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.











2 Minutes.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.












3 Minutes.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.(Oh God I am so thankful he is my SAVIOR!!!)

Well He is God incarnate after all and I am simply human. I guess that is why He really can handle things better than me and He came to Save me/us.

Anyways, one of our kids was sick in the night and after it was all over and it was time to assess the damage and start the clean up the first thing that came to mind was, oh I hope Jesus didn't get "it". Well wouldn't you know it, He was COVERED! I mean absolutely COVERED with the "sickness". Oh, it was disgusting. All through His hair and beard and just all over Him. He really took all of it upon Himself even though He never was" sick" and was incapable of being "sick". Isn't that just like something Jesus would do and DID!

Well, I had to wash him twice and even soak him for awhile to get the stench out but I am so happy to say we have saved Him, phew.

9 comments:

Laura said...

You are too funny!

It is so nice to see you get a little crazy

Trayce said...

I like your sense of humour, Donna!

Donna said...

The kids and I had alot of fun doing this one. But we had to comfort Jacob (almost 3-por little guy) because he was a little concerned about how momma looked. And I had to get the older ones settled down explaining that there is "fun" and then there is "out of control", we can have fun but we need to stay within Godly bounderies and I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me in this as all else.

Donna said...

I am glad you all didn't think I was too psycotic. We were just trying to have fun and spread "The Word" after we had a disgusting night. I mean God takes the good and the bad and uses it for His purposes, right. And He created us in His image, right. So I will try to use all of our experiences for Him, Amen.

Me said...

Donna,
Your Blog is great. I am sure that most Moms have had to save the stuffed toy that "got it" in the night, but never would have imagined trying to cleanse Jesus.
It reminds me of last year just before the Nails, the make up girls and I went to the dollar store to buy the buckets, soap, and sponges needed to clean up Jesus after the crucifixtion seen because of all the fake blood. As I was standing in the ailse saying , "we need sponges to wash the blood off Jesus". I realized there was an elderly lady staring at me with her jaw dropped to the floor. She probably thought I was some kind of strange fanatic:)

Donna said...

Well I pray the Holy Spirit touched her heart and we can all get a good laugh about it in Heaven. And yey, arn't we all strange fanatics in some way or another for Him and if there is anything worth being fanatical about then I am glad to say it is our Lord Christ Jesus, Amen!

Donna said...

Well I pray the Holy Spirit touched her heart and we can all get a good laugh about it in Heaven. And yey, arn't we all strange fanatics in some way or another for Him and if there is anything worth being fanatical about then I am glad to say it is our Lord Christ Jesus, Amen!

Donna said...

Well I pray the Holy Spirit touched her heart and we can all get a good laugh about it in Heaven. And yey, arn't we all strange fanatics in some way or another for Him and if there is anything worth being fanatical about then I am glad to say it is our Lord Christ Jesus, Amen!

Donna said...

Oops X three.