Thursday, January 4, 2007

God's Presence in the Presents


So God really had a lot of fun with Rick (my husband) and I this CHRISTmas- O.K. He might of smiled, at least- and maybe it was just Rick and I that had all the fun-after all God already knows His presence in EVERYTHING so it might not be as amazing for Him as it was for us.

This is what happened.

For CHRISTmas I thought I would like to get our kids a talking plush Jesus. Well it did not work out so I let it go.



Then one of our little ones was grabbing another little ones stuffed toy at playgroup and the other little one was getting upset and I felt bad for him. So I talked with my little one and told them not to touch the other child's toy because we do not want to hurt our friends feelings and we want them to feel that they can trust us and we care about them and respect their words. Then I thought maybe if I get my little one a stuffed toy then maybe he could share his stuffed toy (giraffe) with his friend and they would learn about sharing. So I was up late 2 nights in a row searching on the Internet for a nice stuffed giraffe and it was just not working out and I asked the kids what kind of stuffed toy would you like and it ended up that they wanted to get a stuffed snake. And I almost got one. But it was just not "sitting" right.

Then I remembered what I really had on my heart to get our kids and it was the stuffed Jesus and I am about to get them a stuffed snake and wasn't that just too coincidental and odd and well, what it really was, was God. So I told Rick all about what was going on and He thought, like me, that God really was trying to get it through to my mind that this is not the way this was supposed to go. So we did not get any stuffed anything and I let it go.

Well CHRISTmas morning rolls around and one of our kids was opening a gift from the Church and what does he pull out but a stuffed giraffe!!!!!! Rick and I looked at each other and we started to laugh and praise Jesus out loud (Ricks parents were visiting and they thought we had gone loonie-they could not imagine why in the world we would be praising the Lord in the first place and especially over a stuffed giraffe) But Rick and I were stunned with God's great sense of humor and His presence in the presents.

God is sooo Good and Thank you to whoever got our little ones the stuffed toys God worked through you.

Thank you to all who blessed us a CHRISTmas God worked through all of you! And best of all others around us who are seekers even if they don't know they are seeking see all of this work of the Lord and we are planting seeds, yey!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on leaving space for God!!

Donna,
I love how much you see God in EVERYTHING...

Laura

Donna said...

Dearest Laura:

You are so kind.

I could really relate to the "shoulds". I hate when they are around me and my family because their droppings make a mess of our lives.

Peace and blessings I pray to you in Jesus' mighty name:

Donna