Sunday, January 7, 2007

Mater


I like Mater. He reminds me of, well, me. One of my favorite characteristics about Mater is his spiritedness. There is a scene where Mater sees Ramone doing some fancy driving down the fixed up town road. Ramone uses his specially designed hydraulics to lower his back end just a bit so that he creates a few flashy sparks. When Mater sees this he just throws his rusty old battered up chaise down and scrapes along the road for all he is worth with a big smile on his face. Similar to the innocent way of children-they see-they do. I am thankful for the ways of children and I am thankful for the way God has made me. And I am also thankful that (as Pastor Barry puts it) He Loves me just the way I am but He loves me enough not to leave me the way I am! Life may have taught me to look and act like Mater (and that has some important qualities for God's purposes) but the Lord wants to use me to demonstrate the class of King, the caring of Sally, the loyalty of Mack, the vulnerability of Red, the teamwork of Luigi and Gueto, the fun and flash of Ramone, the healing and recovering abilities of Doc, and even the speed and perfection of McQueen (after he learns his "purpose". I believe our Lord Jesus wants us all to be available to run His race and win. I believe if we learn His ways and incorporate them into our life the Holy Spirit will drive us where He needs us and we will ALL win.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW AMAZING I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD TO HAVE A MOTHER WITH SUCH IN SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trayce said...

This is a brilliant little post, Donna. I loved it!

My kids LOVE the Cars movie. Ty loves Lightning McQueen & the King and Ethan loves Dj, Snotrod, Boost and Wingo.

Over the holidays we have watched this movie about three times a day. Funny thing is that I am still not sick of this movie!!! I love the ending...I love the part where Lightning Mcqueen halts to a stop right before the finish line to push The King passed the finish line. I cry every single time! My kids are like, why are you crying mommy?

Anyway, this movie has a really meaningful story and I love it. I loved reading all of your thoughts on it.

Mater is so refreshing and pure.

Love,
Trace

Donna said...

Jordan, you are so sweet.

Tracy, I cry too every time. I really see Christ in this movie. I love it when Christ is so odvious even in the secular world.

Peace and blessings I pray to you both in Jesus' name:

Donna

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!

My nephew Sam LOVES Mater. I think that anyone who has any "otter" in them can relate on a certain level.

It is a great movie!

Good insights
Laura

Carrie said...

I love the way you brought out each of the characteristics from the cars in the movie.
Your blogs are always so interesting!!!
Carrie