Friday, January 19, 2007

Precious Children

Well I guess I got a little too focused on decluttering the hall closet today. Before I knew it, Jacob decided to do his art work of marker (and sister Elisha's lip stick), on his face instead of his Cars coloring book! Here he is as proud as can be but I know he will not enjoy getting the artwork off his face. And I had told Ezra(who liked the artwork on Jacob's face so he add some to his own face) and Jacob if they rolled out a roll of ribbon from the craft box (Ezra loves to wrap ribbon and string around things-do any of you have kids who like to do that?) (Jacob likes to do whatever his brother is doing) that they needed to clean it up afterwards. So I see the ribbon disappearing from the floor but Ezra is in the bathroom and I cannot figure out what is happening. I go and open the bathroom door and this is what I see.How ingenious I never would have thought of that way to clean up the ribbon.

But I know they will turn out just fine ( because I have a promise from God) and our two oldest ones are doing just fine so far. Jordan shovelled the driveway without being asked (Thanks Jordan) .
They both made me a lovely birthday dinner of spaghetti last night and the cake turned out great too. See.
Notice it was so good that it is all gone now. But dad got 2 things of icing and we found out that more it not necessarily better it is just sweeeeeeeeeeeter so we know now to only use 1 can of icing even if we have 2. Even the younger ones helped Elisha make the cake (even though she had to clean up an egg that Jacob got before we could get to it.) And Jordan set a lovely table even though his younger brothers kept trying to play with the forks.

I am so thankful we finally got a chance to celebrate together. I am so thankful that my children are a part of my life. Thank you Lord for such a lovely family.

12 comments:

Trayce said...

Boys will be boys! You have an incredibly cute family, Donna.

Actually, my boys have never done that - wrapped ribbon and string around things :)
Mind you, I keep my special crafts ribbon in a safe place so the boys won't play with it. My boys could sit for hours at the table with construction paper and scissors. I draw different shapes on the paper and they cut them out. They love that! Then we glue them to other things to make pictures like houses and stuff. But, I'm sure they would find a million things to do with a roll of ribbon or string :)

I think Ezra is onto something with that incredibly brilliant way to roll up the ribbon.

Bye for now!

Donna said...

Scissors and shapes are such great activities for their little fine motor skills to develope well. And creating pictures out of the cuttings stimulates the imagination part of the brain. Your guys are going to be really ready for school with all these good activities you are doing with them. It is so nice to see.

Trayce said...

Your new look is nice, Donna! Love it!

Hope you're having a nice weekend. We were going to go toboganning with the kids, but it's SO cold!!! It's not as much fun for the kids - or any of us - when it's cold and windy.

P.S: Yes, I noticed the time! You must be sleepy today :)

Laura said...

great new look! I love it.

Donna said...

Thanks gals! and yes Tracy I was tired sat. after going to bed at 3:30. But I got all but one self decluttered in that hall closet. I am finding that the only time I can do computer work is early morning (really early) or late night because during the day there is so much to do so my Bible reading is 1/4 of what it needs to be (one or two chapters is not allowing me to get through my reading for OSB quick enough) I am praying for Holy Spirit to show me how to fit in all He would have me do and then to do it in His ways. We had a lovely saturday. Jo and Allen from church invited us to their farm for the day. We saw the horses and the kids had a turn. And they got a ride on an ATV and had so much fun. Very cold though.

Anonymous said...

Donna,
I love the way you write your blog. I love the pictures and yes Ezra is a genius. The next time I need to mass wrap with ribbon I am going to do that.

Donna said...

Amen, eh Lori!

Janice said...

precious children you have.

I am janice. I found your e-mail on lori's blog. i like to read your e-mail.it is very friendly.
you seem very happy and blessed.

maybe i will see you tonight. i was invited to come to women's NIGht, but i have never Been,

Janice.

Me said...

Donna, I love how you illistrate your blog with pictures. I am a visual person so this really makes it fun for me.
My Kids were never big craft doers. They coloured the odd time but that was about it. I think Leah cut Chyna's hair once with the craft scissors.

Donna said...

Hi Janice, nice to e-meet you. If you were at the woman's night I am sorry I did not meet you in person. The woman's nights are so special and I enjoy them very much. I want to get a chance to connect with everyone when I am there but I am sad when I think I may have missed out on talking with someone. Plus I am quite sensitive and I can get overstimulated then I either talk too much and too fast or I do not know what to say because I cannot focus. So I am learning how to do social events and I feel so blessed to have the privilege to learn to do it with all of you! So if I missed you sorry and we will try again next time-and I pray you had a great time.

Peace and blessings I pray to you in Jesus' name:

Donna

Donna said...

Sarah: When Elisha was about 2 Jordan cut her hair! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This was my little girl who was going to have long princess hair that would never be cut!

Isn't our Lord so gracious. He set me FREE from this "dream" when she was just young and when I didn't know it was coming. Hidden blessings whether I was aware of it or not at the time. It has helped as she has grown older and definately has her way of how she wants to look.

Trayce said...

Miss you Donna.
:o)